HCIS Help Desk Self Service
Welcome to the University of Iowa Health Care Information Systems self service support portal. This site is a central and comprehensive web-based solutions resource for our users. Our goal is to empower you to initiate issues you have and get a timely resolution to your problem.
Help Desk Web Request: Submit your service requests online and expect a more accurate and timely response to your problem. Use WebRequest for computer & accounts requests and ASRTRequest for application & development requests.
You can also reach us 24 hours a day at email@example.com, or by calling (319) 356-0001. When you call, please:
- Provide ID of device you are having issues with (computer or printer), your name, phone number, department name, and campus location (building and room number).
- Describe the problem clearly and in as much detail as possible.
- Describe the severity of the problem, e.g., how many users are being affected?
Although we strive to resolve all issues as quickly as possible, you can help us ensure quality service by accurately prioritizing your request.
- Low: general information, software installation, configuration, or maintenance.
- General: noticeable problems but can still perform most duties, hardware issues.
- High: noticeable problems which impact operations and/or instruction.
- Critical: system wide outages causing major impact to critical business operations and instruction.
If a problem you've reported becomes increasingly urgent or is not being handled in a timely manner, you can initiate the escalation process by contacting Help Desk Supervisors