Duo Security is a two-factor authentication that enhances the security of your account by using a secondary device to verify your identity. This prevents anyone but you from accessing your account, even if they know your password. Effective Monday, October 10, 2016, you will be required to use a two-factor verification to access the Health Care Information Systems (HCIS) remote desktop service.
Obtain information for supervisors, tools to request Epic training for new hires and transfers, a list of courses arranged by roles along with course descriptions, recommendations for supplemental educational resources and support for all Epic users.
If your request is critical/urgent, please contact the HCIS Help Desk at (319) 356-0001. This service is available to all individuals with network accounts supported by Health Care Information Systems (HCIS). You must have an account on the HEALTHCARE domain and be on UIHC/UI network (or Remote Access) to use service.
- Provide ID of device you are having issues with (computer or printer), your name, phone number, department name, and campus location (building and room number).
- Describe the problem clearly and in as much detail as possible.
- Describe the severity of the problem, i.e., how many users are being affected?
Although we strive to resolve all issues as quickly as possible, you can help ensure quality service by accurately prioritizing your request.
Voalte is an iPhone based clinical communication device used at UIHC. It allows secure, HIPAA compliant texting between caregivers. Voice calls can be made and received from any other phone system. All communication is presence based. The sender can reach out to service provider that is available and can instantly know the status of the message sent (whether it is read or unread) and act accordingly. Apps like UptoDate and CultureVision are added to Voalte phones. Epic Haiku can be added if requested. Nurse call bedside alarms and alerts will be delivered to Voalte in the next phase.
Help Desk Guides
- New Staff IT FYI
- GE/IDX Resources (Internal Use Only)
- ELMS Resources (Internal Use Only)
- Going Green
- General Computer Support
- Outlook Web Access
- Remote Access
- MDM iOS Enrollment (Personally Owned)
- Haiku and Canto Tipsheet
- MDM Android Enrollment (Personally Owned)
- MDM iOS Enrollment (Department Owned)
- Setting up Exchange Email on iOS Devices (for the iOS – Exchange setup.pdf)
- Setting up Exchange Email on Android Devices (for the Android – Exchange setup.pdf)